Pictures of Candor, NY
Taken by Mrs. Riggs and her class, Fall 2004. These students are now Seniors!





Our town symbol represents the Catatonk Valley, the Catatonk Creek, our farms, and our small, friendly town. Settlement started in 1794 when four families from Farmington, Connecticut arrived to start the town.
   This 1996 picture shows the layout of Candor from the air.  The schools are inside the 'loop" on the lower right, as are manyof the village businesses.Top road, lower left is Ithaca Rd. Bottom road, lower left is Spencer Rd. Catatonk Creek runs between these two roads.  Candor Hill is in right background.


Looking down on the village of Candor in the beautiful
Catatonk Valley. The schools are where the flat white spots are in middle left of the picture.
Looking down the valley toward Ithaca.
Here's the class ready for a walk around Candor. The class was working on an assignment to see what
changes have been made to the High School over the last 114 years.


Looking down Main Street .
The class in front of Candor Market.  This
building was originally called Candor Hall. Silent
movies were shown here in the 1900's and later the
high school students used the building as a gymnasium.


We have several large, lovely old homes. 
This house on Main St. is now the Candor Funeral Parlor.
Looking toward the Upper Bridge over the Catatonk,
 you can see the hills in the background





This is the Congregational Church, built from bricks
 made at the Candor Brick Works in the 1800's.
This stately home now houses the local veterinarian.


The class in front of the Village Hall.  It used to be the local bank, but a larger, more modern bank was built about 55
years ago.The class learned that this bank was robbed twice.  The second time the robbers fled on a railroad handcar and were not caught! The town library is in back left .
Here we are in front of The Edge of Thyme Bed and
Breakfast.  Mrs. Musgrave gave us a tour and told
us about the friendly ghosts that are said to inhabit the place.